Bobbie Grennier does Google Search Marketing, My Business/Places Optimization, Google+ Local SEO. Google Local Pro offers Advanced My Business Consulting and Santa Cruz Web Designer, Local SEO, Internet Marketing.
I’m working with more and more of my clients to help them get their websites mobile compatible for a reasonable amount of investment. Because Google Local Pro works with the WordPress platform, it makes the whole process a lot more streamlined and easier to maintain.
Damien Zamora just read an article by Jamie Turner of the 60 Second Marketer that blew me away. Wanted to share some of the highlights with you, because if you’ve ever needed to convince someone that the world has gone mobile, some of these facts ought to do it.
Jamie asked Cory Gaddis at Mobilize Worldwide to gather some essential facts about mobile marketing that everyone should know and these are just a few of what he came up with (along with my thoughts):
- According to Nielsen, 30 million consumers watch television content via their mobile phones. Makes me wonder why I invested so much in my big-screen HD television at home.
- Gartner says that by 2013, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide. Which is a reminder for all those web designers to brush up on their mobile skills if they want to stay in business.
- Exact Target reports that 16% of smartphone users report that they have made a purchase as a result of a marketing message they received on their phone. 55% purchased as a result of an email they received on their mobile device. Turns out email isn’t dead after all.
- Nielsen also said that in Q3 2011, teens increased their mobile data consumption by 256% over the prior year. I hope their parents had them on unlimited data plans.
- Inneractive found that there is a direct correlation between the size of a mobile device’s screen and the click-through rate (CTR) the device yields for mobile advertising. For instance, the iPhone yields a 4.35% CTR with a 3.5″ screen, compared to a 6.61% CTR on the iPad‘s 9.7″ screen.
If this isn’t a bit of incentive to make sure mobile is part of your overall marketing plan, I’m not sure what would be.
This market is exploding and the only thing more exciting than watching it happen is figuring out new ways to take advantage of the opportunities it presents.
Maybe you should consider talking to me about making your website mobile-friendly?!
The FUTURE is here. You online business must be mobile compatible in order not to loose business… unless you can afford to loose business. I know I can’t!
Being mobile ready is part of maintaining your online reputation as a business owner. Google Local Places SEO in Mountain View , California